- Why did the players on my team fight against the other team and pass the ball around?
- Why am I at a soccer field at 6:30 AM on a Saturday when I could be at home watching cartoons or sleeping?
- Why did they start a fight against the other team knowing that they were going to surely be severely punished for it?
- Why were some of my team mates still kicking the ball around after we lost by that much?
- (These questions should come up in the opening scene)
- The reason for the occurrence of these events is because they needed to fight:
- (Explain that playing soccer and fighting is the same thing using research and interview)
- The reasons they needed to fight:
- It was a way to forget the troubles of our lives
- To have another family or a sense of “togetherness”
- A way to be in charge of the outcome of something for the first time
- After these three paragraphs, explain what happened personally after all this happened and how it affected me (what soccer/sports is to me now)
- First big opening scene: Me going to play soccer really early on Saturday morning
- Ending scene: Me picking up my friend who got scored on when I switched team
- Small scenes throughout:
- When I went to the champion’s league game (63 000 people)
- Team I coached who started losing every game 12-0 and then started to win
(Written in Part 2)